Alberto Ferrari - Advanced DAX
If you already know and use the DAX, in this precon, Alberto Ferrari will help you to move on the next level.
Course will take place on June 2th 2023 at Hotel International, Miramarska 24, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia.
If you already know and use the DAX, but you want to move to the next level, by unleashing the full power of evaluation context manipulation, learn about shadow filter context, author complex queries and solve advanced scenarios, then this is the workshop for you.
- attending the pre-con “From 0 to DAX” or having an equivalent experience,
- knowing how to create a measure and a calculated column,
- understanding the concepts of row context, filter context and context transition,
- and being able to write good expressions in CALCULATE and CALCULATETABLE functions
Remember, this is the prerequisite!
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Manipulate the filter context in an efficient way reducing the granularity of complex filters
- Use expanded table or CROSSFILTER depending on the requirements
- Control data lineage and play with it using TREATAS
- Read the content of the filter context to identify user selection vs. cross-filters
- Control materialization caused by context transition
Alberto started working with SQL Server in 2000 and immediately his interest focused on Business Intelligence. He and Marco Russo created sqlbi.com, where they publish extensive content about Business Intelligence.
Alberto published several books about Analysis Services, Power BI, and Power Pivot. He is a Microsoft MVP and he earned the SSAS Maestro title, the highest level of certification on Microsoft Analysis Services technology.
Today, Alberto's main activities are in the delivery of DAX and data modeling workshops for Power BI and Analysis Services all around the world. Alberto offers consulting services on large and complex data warehouses to provide assessments and validation of project analysis or to perform specific problem-solving activities.
Alberto is a well-known speaker at many international conferences, like PASS Summit, Sqlbits, and Microsoft Ignite. He loves to be on stage both at large events and at smaller user groups meetings, exchanging ideas with other SQL and BI fans. When traveling for work, he likes to engage with local user groups to provide evening sessions about his favorite topics. Thus, you can easily meet Alberto by looking up local Power BI user groups during scheduled courses.
Outside of SQLBI, most of Alberto's personal time is spent practicing video games, in the vain hope of eventually beating his son.